QuickBooks company file error 6150 appears on the screen when the user creates, opens or works in the QuickBooks company file. When the error triggers, the user gets a message, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file.” QuickBooks error message 6150 indicates there are some issues with the company file and needs repair. To get detailed information on QuickBooks error message code 6150, its causes and solutions, read the blog until the end.
If you need any technical assistance to fix QuickBooks error 6150, then contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialling our toll-free number.
What leads to QuickBooks error 6150?
The error comes up due to the following reasons:
- There is some damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks had been attacked by a virus that obstructs users from opening the company file.
- Partial or corrupt installation of QuickBooks.
Now, proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given below in order to fix the error.
Best Possible Solutions for QuickBooks error 6150
Following are the two most effective solutions to fix the error:
Solution 1. Check your system for CryptoWall virus
Follow these steps to check for virus attacks:
- Select the Windows Start Menu.
- Write “File Explorer” into search and open File Explorer.
- Look for and open the QuickBooks folder located on your C: drive.
- Search for files containing words such as “decrypt” or “instructions” (.txt or .html).
If you find the files, your system is attacked by a virus, contact an anti-virus provider. If you don’t find any such files, your system is safe. You can continue with the troubleshooting solutions.
Solution 2. Restore company file using backup
Follow these steps to restore a backup company file:
- Open QuickBooks desktop application.
- Move to the File menu and select Open or Restore Company.
- Select Restore a backup copy and then Next.
- Choose Local Backup and then Next.
- Search for the backup company file with the .qbb extension.
- Choose a folder to save the restored company file and select Open.
- In the end, click Save.
We hope the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the blog help you fix QuickBooks error 6150. In case you find the troubleshooting difficult, contact certified QuickBooks professionals by calling us on our customer support number . They will assist you with some advanced troubleshooting for the same.